Butterfly Kisses and Mommy Hugs

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Love, Patience, & Understanding

Now that Elaina is in her 2nd year of life she is showing signs of the "terrible twos". I use to think that the "terrible twos" started after they turn 2 years old, but that is just not so. I really don't think that it is all that bad though (hoping it doesn't get to much worse). I understand that this is something that all kids and parents go through. All she wants is to be understood, but she does not quite know how to express her wants and needs yet. It helps to remind myself of that and it helps to know I am not alone. What I have learned is the key to getting through this phase in our lives is Love, Patience, and Understanding. I know that my baby needs me to comfort her when she gets frustrated and I try to be there for her, hold her close, and try not to lose my patience. Other times she doesn't want me to hold her at all, so I just let her cry it out. Parenting is certainly not an easy job, that's for sure, But it absolutely worth it.  Nothing brings me as much joy as my baby girl does and when I am in a bad mood, her beautiful smile lifts me up and makes everything better. I know that this to shall pass and I think I will actually miss this time in our lives one day. Someday she will not want to be with me every second of the day and cry to be close to me like she does now. So I will cherish it for as long as I can. :)

Thank God for Love, Patience, and Understanding!

No comments:

Post a Comment